Girringun Aboriginal Art Centre artists Eileen Tep and Charlotte Beeron. Photo: Kerry Trapnell
Supporting culturally strong best practice Indigenous art enterprises
Effecting sustainable growth through advocacy and long-term quality support for the development, marketing and promotion of Indigenous cultures, artists and art centres in Far North Queensland.
We do this by:
Listening, involving and working with members according to protocols.
Building capacity through:
- Seeking funding and resources for projects and activities that support best practice and promotes the members.
- Celebrating and promoting success and strengths.
- Using research as a tool.
- Encouraging career development and leadership opportunities.
- Offering targeted training.
- Fostering networks and partnerships.
Culture underpins all our work because we:
- Nurture a culture of excellence
- Secure and maintain the mandate of members
- Value what people do
- Celebrate the success of others
- Balance cultural obligations and economic goals
- Encourage innovative and bold decision-making
- Ensure we are ethical, accountable and transparent in all our work.