Supporting culturally strong best practice Indigenous art enterprises
Providing sustainable growth through advocacy and sustained, high-quality support for the development, marketing and promotion of First Nations artists, their culture and art centres in Far North Queensland.
We do this by:
- Listening to, involving and working with members according to protocols.
- Seeking funding and resources for projects and activities that support best practice and promotes members.
- Celebrating and promoting success and strengths.
- Using research as a tool.
- Encouraging career development and leadership opportunities.
- Offering targeted training.
- Fostering networks and partnerships.
Culture underpins all our work because we:
- Nurture a culture of excellence.
- Secure and maintain the mandate of members.
- Value what people do.
- Celebrate the success of others.
- Balance cultural obligations and economic goals.
- Encourage innovative and bold decision-making.
- Ensure we are ethical, accountable and transparent in all our work.
Main image credit: Ku (Camp dogs) courtesy of Wik & Kugu Art Centre Photo: Michael Marzik